Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quotable Eason

Blogging is not making it to the top of my priority list, obviously. My intent for this blog, was to provide me a place to record some wonderful memories as our family grows and to keep family/friends updated on the kiddos. Perhaps I will one day get into a better routine, but for now...I must at least preserve some of the "Eason quotes" that make us laugh, cringe, and thank God for this very serious and giggly little man.

Eason's standard prayer at mealtime, bedtime, etc...

"Dear God, thanks food, jelly, amen."

Months ago...Michelle and Andrew were visiting and we asked Eason to tell them his full name. His response (with hands outstretched)...


"I'm Awesome, Awesome Eason!"

Last week...
Eason and his Granddaddy went to play Putt Putt. After 3 or 4 holes where Granddaddy performed better that Eason. Eason concluded,


"Granddaddy, I'm gonna use your ball. It works better."

One morning I was getting ready for work. The day before, I wore a suit with a skirt, but that day I was wearing a suit with pants.

Eason: "Mommy, you don't look pretty."

Sara: "Well, that's okay baby. Sometimes we may think that, but it is just best not to say anything, than to tell someone they don't look pretty."

Eason: "No mommy, you don't look pretty...you look handsome."

Sunday night, getting ready for bed. Eason decided that his bed had turned into a boat and we were all going to go on a trip. Daddy, Eason, Evie and I all climbed aboard and fastened on our lifejackets. Captain Eason took his proper seat on his pillow to drive the boat. As our trip progressed, Eason leaned over to me and Evie and declared... "The girls on the boat need to be naked." I replied, "uh...how about we wear our bathing suits, okay????"

Warren was trying so hard not to laugh out loud, that he about shook apart as tears streamed down his face. [disclaimer- Eason does not distinguish between "birthday-suit naked" and showing any skin. For instance, one time I was fully dressed, wearing a v-neck shirt, and Eason said, "Mommy, you're naked." I quickly & confusedly replied, "no, I'm not, I am fully dressed." Eason pointed to the triangle of my chest, and said, "but you're naked right there."]
Monday morning on the way to school, Eason was drinking his milk and staring intently out the window. When he turned to me, and in a very serious tone stated...

"There are lots of games that we can play."
Then he returned to his musings as he glanced back out the window.
You know that's a good point.
I LOVE THIS CHILD!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca M. said...

Hi Sara! I just found your blog from Ellen's blog. Can I follow you?? Great to see pics of the kiddos and read Eason's funny quotes. He's hilarious.