Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rainbow

I was browsing through other mom's blogs and was inspired to memorialize more of the precious things that proceed from Eason's mouth.

Last week, Eason & I made a quick trip to Publix (where shopping really is a pleasure). It was raining and of course I did not have an umbrella, nor do I know how I would balance it with E on my hip and my bag and all. But just as I began to get out of the car a Publix bagboy was walking a customer to the car next to me while holding an umbrella over their heads. I flagged him down and he, with a smile I might add, came over to our car and held the umbrella over me while I unbuckeled E from his seat, and accompanied us into the store. After shopping and Eason saying hi or hello to almost everyone in the store, we went to leave. The rain had let up to a mere sprinkle that E thought was fun to run through. As I was buckling him into his seat, I looked over my shoulder to see a most glorious rainbow. I swiftly unbuckled him, and pulled him from the car, turning him towards the rainbow, I said, "look Eason, do you see the rainbow."

Eason remarked, "God."


"I set My rainbow in the cloud,
and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.
It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth,
that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud;
and I will remember My covenant
which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh;
the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.
The rainbow shall be in the cloud,
and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant
between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."
Genesis 9:13-16

"And He who sat there was like
a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance;
and there was a rainbow around the throne,
in appearance like an emerald."
Revelation 4:3


What an amazing God we serve!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God. What a great word from that sweet little one's mouth! Oh, the joy. Happy is the man who's quiver is full of children!